We accept all genres. We are especially interested in YA, Science Fiction and Fantasy, and Thriller/Suspense. We are not currently accepting individual short stories. Short story submissions must be submitted as part of a short story collection, preferably with a theme.
Copyright © 2019 BHC Press. All Rights Reserved.
Include the following with your query letter:
- First six chapters of manuscript
- Query letter should include genre, word count, target audience, and any comparable titles on the market to the work you are submitting
- If work is part of a series, also include series name, and how many books are planned/completed
- Indicate if any photos or illustrations will be included in the work
Files types accepted: Word file (.doc/.docx) or PDF
Manuscripts should be prepared as follows:
- Flush left for first paragraph of each chapter
- Flush left for first paragraph of scene break
- All other paragraph spacing should be done using the TAB key on the keyboard. Do not use paragraph indenting or the spacebar
- All scene breaks (text dividers) should be flush left and indicated by typing two number signs with no spaces as ##
Please allow approximately three weeks for review of your submission.
Questions? Visit our FAQ page.
BHC Press is a proud member of the IBPA (Independent Book Publisher's Association)